Radiohead’s publisher Warner Chappell today revealed that the band’s first ever iTunes album release sold 30,000 units in the US in week one – and explained a whole heap more concerning the band’s ‘In Rainbows’ release strategy.
These statistics put paid to any criticism that the band’s release was in any sense a failure – some highlights include:
– After being made available free for three months the album was Number 1 in the UK and in the US
– The physical CD has sold 1.75 million to date and is still top 200 UK & US
– They sold 100,000 boxsets via W.A.S.T.E.
– Nearing 17 million plays on last.fm
– 1.2 million fans will see the tour