Shazam today announced its Shazam App for iPad is now available on the App Store.
“Shazam was one of the inaugural apps available when the App Store launched nearly two years ago and we are delighted to be available for iPad at launch as well,” said Andrew Fisher, CEO of Shazam.
The app is a specially designed version of the globally popular music discovery app. Fisher explains, “We have enjoyed immense popularity on iPhone and iPod touch, having accumulated more than 15 million users since the summer of 2008, and the launch of our app for iPad extends the availability of the best music discovery experience in a mobile environment.”
Shazam has utilized iPad’s innovative visualization features to give users the option to browse, share and create their tag list in a new and unique way. For example, when the app is initially opened, the user will immediately see the latest Shazam charts and have the option of creating their own tag list by adding any song from the Shazam chart to their list.
For selected tracks, the users would then have access to a comprehensive range of information such as artist biographies, lyrics, discographies and more.
Shazam App users on iPad can directly access the recommendations feature and add songs to their tag list or just see added detail about a recommended track. On iPad, Shazam users can build tag lists without ever having to identify a song, though they can always still tag and discover new music through Shazam’s audio recognition.
Shazam App for iPad features include:
- My Tags: Save and manage lists of tagged songs on a single screen to take advantage of the large screen.
- Previews: Users can listen to a 30 second clip of Charts, Recommendations and Tags before buying.
- Find what’s hot and popular: Shazam music charts generated by millions of other Shazamers can be accessed in a new single screen layout to help users keep up to date with the new tracks and players in the music scene.
- Share a music moment: Shazamers can send their Tags as a Tweet to followers; to their Facebook mini-feed or even as a Postcard to friends so they can add the Tag to their own collection in Shazam, as well as preview and buy direct from iTunes.
- Music recommendations: Users can discover other music similar to the track that’s been tagged to enhance their music collection and knowledge.
- Learn more about the music: Users can read track and album reviews and artist biographies, plus see other music from the same artist and view song lyrics.
The Shazam App for iPad is available for free from the App Store.