Press Release from MySpace, thought some might be interested in the full thing, rather than a translation.
“FYI – Today MySpace CEO Owen Van Natta announced a wave of new MySpace Music products in a keynote discussion at the Web 2.0 Summit. The conversation included details about MySpace’s overall business strategy and future. The full press release is embedded below for your reference.
These new services rolling tonight include:
· A new MySpace Music Videos product
· MySpace Music Artist Dashboard
· A new Apple/ iTunes integration
· The first iLike product integrations into MySpace with Music Videos and Artist Dashboard
MYSPACE MUSIC PRODUCT DETAILS
MySpace Music Videos
The launch of MySpace Music Videos offers fans one of the most comprehensive online collections of music videos available anywhere by aggregating fully licensed music video content from all of the company’s major and independent label partners.
MySpace Music Videos provides users with new content and features including:
Video Search Tab: enhanced search functionality enables users to search by video and serves up music video results along with artist profiles and songs. Users can also filter results to only show music videos.
· Music Video Browse A-Z: A-Z Video browsing allows for easy consumption, discovery, and sharing.
· New Video Player and Auditude Overlay: New Video player includes integrated “Buy” buttons provided via Auditude’s overlay technology, enabling users to purchase artist’s music through iTunes or Amazon.
· Artist Player: Entire artist Music Video catalogues available in artist music players (alongside “Albums” tab). Artists are able to embed music videos within their sites. As a part of the pop out player, videos are easy to browse through the carousel.
· Music Video Hub: new Music Video hub within MySpace Music includes video programmed by MySpace in addition to personalized video recommendations based on what your friends are watching. All videos are playable within the home page.
· Video Streaming: iLike now features MySpace’s Music Video catalogue within all partner websites, marking the first of MySpace Music’s integrations with iLike since acquiring the social music discovery service in August.
MySpace Music Artist Dashboard
This free, comprehensive data dashboard empowers all global artists and labels with detailed analytics about their content within the MySpace community. Every global artist with a MySpace profile will have free access to the Artist Dashboard starting today.
MySpace Music Artist Dashboard beta provides artists with new information including:
· Stats At-A-Glance: Unlimited access to charts, graphs, and snapshots of MySpace Music data for all global artists. Data includes fan geography, song plays, profile views, friend count, and profile visitors.
7 and 30 day History: Trending data available for 7 day and 30 day glances.
Song Plays: Analytics on an artist’s top 15 profile songs are available including most played track.
Demographic and Geographic: Snapshots of an artist’s fan base are viewable by location (city, state or country) and gender.
Global Support: Artist Dashboard translation is available in 17 languages in over 20 territories.
· Analytics from other sites: iLike integration into MySpace Artist Dashboard provides top-level data from iLike’s partner networks.
· Artist tested and approved: We tested Dashboard with approximately 90 artists, giving them an opportunity to trial, provide feedback and ensure the tool will be valuable.
Apple/ iTunes integration
MySpace Music users can now purchase and download music through iTunes in addition to Amazon MP3, and MP3 ringtones via Jamster.
MYSPACE LAUNCHES SUITE OF MUSIC PRODUCTS FOR ARTISTS AND FANS
Leading Music Service Unveils Music Video Experience, Artist Dashboard,
and Opportunity to Purchase Music on iTunes
MySpace Introduces First iLike Integrations with Music Videos and Artist Dashboard Products
LOS ANGELES – October 21, 2009 – MySpace today announced the next phase of the company’s music offering with a wave of new products and tools now available to artists and fans. Today MySpace begins the global rollout of a new comprehensive MySpace Music Video experience, the MySpace Artist Dashboard – a free data and analytics tool for artists globally – and the ability for users to purchase and download music on iTunes.
“Artist Dashboard and Music Videos are an important step forward in our mission to define the future of how content is socialized on the Web,” said Owen Van Natta, CEO of MySpace. “We’ll continue to build publishing tools, social tools and bring more content onto the MySpace platform to help us achieve our goal of being an important content distribution platform.”
“People want to experience content with others and the experience we’ve created in MySpace Music will be our spring board for how we socialize content site-wide.”
The launch of MySpace Music Videos offers fans one of the most comprehensive online collections of music videos available anywhere. MySpace’s Music Video catalogue includes fully licensed music video content from all of the company’s major and independent label partners.
Product functionality of MySpace Music Videos includes:
· New Music Video hub within MySpace Music
· Music Video recommendations based on what your friends are watching
· Browse via A-Z Video search for easy consumption, discovery, and sharing
· New Video player with dynamically targeted “Buy” buttons provided as part of Auditude’s video ad management platform
· Entire artist Music Video catalogues available in artist music players (alongside “Albums” tab)
· iLike now features MySpace’s Music Video catalogue within all partner websites
Also today, MySpace Music introduced the MySpace Artist Dashboard in beta- a free, comprehensive data dashboard for all artists and labels globally which unlocks detailed analytics about their content within the MySpace community. Every global artist with a MySpace profile will have free access to the Artist Dashboard starting today.
Product functionality of the new MySpace Artist Dashboard includes:
· Unlimited access to charts, graphs, and snapshots of MySpace Music data for all global artists
· Data includes fan geography, song plays, profile views, friend count, and profile visitors
· Trending data available for 7 day and 30 day glances
· iLike integration into MySpace Artist Dashboard provides top-level data from iLike’s partner networks
· Artist Dashboard is available in 17 languages in over 20 territories
“We had the chance to look under the hood of the new artist dashboard prior to launch and we’re very excited about this and other exciting changes at MySpace and MySpace Music. Creative marketing tools like these are valuable to bands at every level – from Pearl Jam-sized to the DIY indie artist looking to grow their followers on the web,” said Tim Bierman, Manager of Pearl Jam Ten Club.
Additionally, MySpace Music users can now purchase and download music on iTunes in addition to Amazon MP3, and MP3 ringtones via Jamster.
“Whether you’re a small town garage band, an emerging indie, or a well-established act, our ultimate goal is to provide the right mix of tools and real time data to help you gain a deep understanding of who your fans are and how best to reach them,” said Courtney Holt, President of MySpace Music. “We’re committed to providing the most comprehensive ecosystem of services for artists in an effort to deepen their connection with the most important influencers – their fans.”