Amazon has kept its promise with the introduction of “Kindle for Mac”, a free application which lets you read Kindle titles on your Mac.
Available in over 100 countries, the application is the twin of Amazon’s existing iPhone (iPad) App which also supports Kindle titles. Amazon has made its new Mac application available to over 100 countries. US readers should click here.
Jay Marine, director, Amazon Kindle, said: “For those customers around the world who don’t yet have a Kindle, Kindle for Mac is a great way to instantly access and read the most popular new releases as well as their old favorites.”
The software boasts Amazon’s Whispersync technology that automatically saves and synchronizes bookmarks and last page read across devices.
Product features include:
- Purchase, download, and read hundreds of thousands of books available in the Kindle Store
- Access their library of previously purchased Kindle books stored on Amazon’s servers for free
- Choose from 10 different font sizes and adjust words per line
- Add and automatically synchronize bookmarks and last page read
- View notes and highlights marked on Kindle, Kindle DX, and Kindle for iPhone
- Read books in full colour including children’s books, cookbooks, travel books and textbooks
Several additional features will be added to the Kindle for Mac app in the near future, including full text search and the ability to create and edit notes and highlights.