The Boxee team held a huge gathering for users in New York last night, and this morning made a range of key announcements designed to further improve the already popular beta multimedia service.
Boxee’s announcements included:
– A partnership with Pandora (monetized using their new audio ads)
– A partnership with RadioTime (a service that lets users play local radio stations – 100k worldwide)
– A more robust API (on which Pandora and RadioTime were built) with support for development in Python
– A new XUL-based framework (Mozilla) for the boxee browser to enable us to more easily interact with any web-based video
– A PBS application developed by www.BoxeeHQ.com and available in their boxee App repository.
The new version software is available now from boxee.tv.