Apple will next week host a special event on September 9, at which it is likely to unveil its new iPod range, a new version of iTunes and more – with the launch of the new iTunes Unlimited subscription service also seemingly highly probable.
The company is holding a special events in San Francisco and London. The invitation features an iPod looking screen and the words “Let’s Rock”, so it’s most likely Apple will use the occasion to introduce new products in its iPod range.
Current rumours and expectations include:
– iTunes 8 – including subscription and more;
– Smaller, thinner yet elongated iPod nano;
– Price cuts across iPod range
– iPod touch to be reduced in price;
– iPhone nano (though this rumour is now considered unlikely at this time).
Apple introduced the iPod nano in September 2005; overhauled the shuffle, nano, and video-capable iPods in September 2006, and rolled out the third-generation iPod nano in September 2007.