Apple has introduced iTunes 8.0.1, a new version of its media management and acquisition software.
The new version introduces a range of bug fixes, improved performance and so forth. It also provides improved spoken menu syncing for the new iPod nano.
iTunes 8.0.1 improves stability and performance and provides a number of important bug fixes, including:
• Seamlessly plays the current song when creating a new Genius playlist.
• Improves syncing spoken menus to iPod nano.
• Addresses an issue of deleting HD TV episodes when downloading.
• Improves checking for updates from the App Store
• Improves accessibility with VoiceOver. • Addresses problems syncing Genius results to iPod.
iTunes 8 and iTunes U are now accessible with VoiceOver on your Mac.
Twinned with this release, Apple has also introduced new software for the Apple TV, introducing support for Genius playlist creation on the device, implementing security patches and more – this update is available when using the Update menu on the system.